– 3-7 bone prime rib bone cut from the rib and tied together
– 1/2 cup chopped fresh rosemary
– 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
– 1/2 cup chopped fresh oregano
– 1/2 cup chopped fresh thyme
– 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
– 8 gloves garlic
– 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
– 2 teaspoons kosher salt
– 2 teaspoons pepper
Heat the grill to 325-350 degrees (3-5 grill burner turn middle burners off).
– Mix all of the herbs, olive oil, salt and pepper together and rub all over the meat, including the underside where the meat is sitting on the bone.
– Put the prime rib bone side down on a large rimmed sheet pan and put it on the grill away from the heat. Cover the grill and cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours. Temperature should be 130 degrees.
This is the before